5 frame mediaum nuc
This is an example of some of the 5 frame medium nuc hives I build. The outside dimensions are 9-1/4" x 19-7/8".
- The sides are from 1x8 lumber cut to 19-1/8" length.
- The ends are from 1x8 lumber cut to 9-1/4" with 3/4" tall x 3/8" deep rabbets on only 3 sides.
- The bottom is from 1x10 lumber cut to 19-7/8" length.
- The top is from 1x10 lumber cut to 21-3/8" length with 1-1/4" x 9-1/4" stiffeners attached to the bottom at the ends.
- The handles are also 1-1/4" x 9-1/4" attached to the ends of the box just under where the lid stiffeners stop.
- The entrance is a 3/4" x 3/4" hole located in the front end of the box. I have also used a 7/8" round hole that wine corks will fit into.
- The sides and end are attached with glue and fasteners through the front of the box.
- The bottom is screwed on, but not glued.